Recycle your old refrigerator or freezer and receive a check for $50. | News
Introductory Offer: Recycle your old refrigerator or freezer and receive a check for $50.
Ohio Edison, The Illuminating Company and Toledo Edison, FirstEnergy’s Ohio utilities, have contracted with JACO Environmental to provide appliance recycling services to customers of its utility operating companies in Ohio. JACO will perform all pick up and recycling activities for this program. To schedule an appointment with JACO for an appliance pick up, call 877-545-4112 or schedule online.*
Until October 31, 2011, you will receive $50 for recycling a working refrigerator or freezer. As a bonus, if you have an inefficient, working window air conditioner, JACO will pick it up at the same time as your refrigerator or freezer and give you an additional $25 per unit, limit two air conditioners per household per calendar year. Checks will be mailed by JACO approximately 4-6 weeks after pickup. See below for program requirements.Program Requirements
- The appliance must be plugged in and running at time of pick up.
- The refrigerator or freezer unit must be between 10 and 30 cubic feet.
- The collection of a room air conditioner must be combined with a qualifying recycled refrigerator or freezer pickup.
- You must be an Ohio Edison, Illuminating Company or Toledo Edison residential customer.
- There is a limit of two refrigerators or freezers and two room size air conditioners per household per calendar year.
- The customer must own the unit(s) being recycled.
- You must provide clear and safe access to your appliances for the removal team. JACO will not risk injury or be able to move personal effects or modify your home(e.g.: remove door or railings) to remove an appliance.
This program will continue until further notice or until funding is exhausted, whichever occurs first. Program is subject to change or termination without prior notice.Additional Information